Douglas Smith | Writer

Hi! Thanks for visiting. I'm an award-winning author of fantasy, SF, horror, supernatural, and the ever popular "undefinable" and have been published in thirty countries and twenty-five languages.

I'm a three-time winner of the Aurora Award and a finalist for the John W. Campbell Award, the juried Sunburst Award, the CBC Bookies award, and France's juried Prix Masterton and Prix Bob Morane.

My website is www.smithwriter.com and I tweet at https://twitter.com/smithwritr.

The Painted Boy

The Painted Boy - Charles de Lint A wonderful book and a book full of wonder. I always enjoy spending time with de Lint's characters. They are so well drawn, and the characters in this book are no exception--each is unique and deeply human, each with flaws, but flaws that you can forgive, more easily than the characters forgive themselves, which makes them that much more likeable. The mythology in the book is rich and deep. But most of all, the book goes far beyond the good-versus-evil confrontation that the initial setup would lead you to expect. The hero and those around him are forced to deal with the aftermath of that confrontation, and the responsibilities that can come with taking a stand. Highly recommended.