Douglas Smith | Writer

Hi! Thanks for visiting. I'm an award-winning author of fantasy, SF, horror, supernatural, and the ever popular "undefinable" and have been published in thirty countries and twenty-five languages.

I'm a three-time winner of the Aurora Award and a finalist for the John W. Campbell Award, the juried Sunburst Award, the CBC Bookies award, and France's juried Prix Masterton and Prix Bob Morane.

My website is www.smithwriter.com and I tweet at https://twitter.com/smithwritr.

Joyland

Joyland - Stephen King This isn't a Stephen King book about which I'd heard very much. Not sure why because it was excellent. Tore through it in a couple of days. It's not standard King horror, beyond a touch of supernatural. Don't be fooled or put off by the pulpy cover. It's a wonderful story--a murder mystery combined with a coming of age tale, populated with all the fully fleshed characters that King always delivers and steeped in the world of the old-time carnie. And with lots of tugs on the heart strings. Highly recommended.